Our logo mark is simply the combination of a cloud and a bed. It symbolizes the partnership between technology and hospitality.
Keep approximately 30% safe area around the mark
Leave approximately 1 “Cloudbed” of space between the logo and other elements.
Use whenever possible
Not So Good:
Our color palette is fresh, bright, and balanced.
Cloudbeds is the name of our company, not our software. So, when referring to our PMS, we do not call it Cloudbeds. We call it myfrontdesk. We only use Cloudbeds when referring to ourselves--we, the company.
Cloudbeds is a proper noun and is always plural (because we serve more than one bed with our cloud software). So, it always has a capital C, whether at the beginning of a sentence or in the middle of one. It is always one word, not two, and the “b” is always lowercase.
- Cloudbeds' software is amazing.
- I have feelings for Cloudbeds.
- I want to take Cloudbed’s on a picnic
- Cloudbeds’s customers are the best.
- I find that cloudbeds has the best employees.
Myallocator, myfrontdesk, and mybookings
These are the three names of our three different pieces of software. Our channel manager is myallocator, our PMS is myfrontdesk, and our booking engine is mybookings.
For stylistic reasons, our software product brand names are always lowercase, unless they begin a sentence. Then, the first letter is always capitalized. Mybookings, like our company brand, is always plural (never "mybooking", always "mybookings").
- Myallocator is amazing.
- I really love myfrontdesk.
- mybookings is the bee's knees.
- My Facebook relationship status with MyAllocator is, "It's Complicated".
- I want to take Myfrontdesk on a gondola ride.