Do you have an app, tool, or product you want to integrate with the Cloudbeds' suite of hotel management software?
That's great! This article will show you what kind of process we have for our technology partners from initial request to going fully live with the integration.
Check out our our most up to date API documentation to understand the possibilities and limitations.
To request partnership complete our form: Become a Partner
Our team will review your application and will reach out to learn more. We do our best to respond to every request but our response time will depend on the number of partnership requests currently in our queue. Requests are responded to in the order they are received.
After we have a chance to review your application and understand the opportunity for a mutually beneficial partnership, we will share our Connectivity Agreement for signature. This agreement has been standardized across all partners and outlines basic requirements / expectations of our API partners. In order to protect both parties, some partnership opportunities may also require our mutual NDA to be signed.
Once agreements have been signed, we will add the integration to our partner backlog. We only on-board new partners when are sure we have sufficient development resources to support you throughout the process. In the mean time, you will be able to start putting together a high level integration flow document which is required before API credentials are provided.
Once we're both ready to start development we'll ask you to provide us with the document outlining the integration functionality, calls you'll be using and a few other details. Please see the list below under Integration Flow Document.
In order to later pass certification you will need to follow our guidance in the following areas:
Integration Flow Document
Integration Flow Document helps us ensure we have details to provide you with the API credentials, spot any major issues on time and provide adequate support during development.
Please include the following info:
- Send us your app's redirect URI. It's needed for OAuth flow and it must be HTTPS.
Note: You can provide us with a test URI, you can swap it in your Cloudbeds Partner Account later.
- Send us an email address and contact name to be the owner of your Cloudbeds Partner Account. Additional users can be added in your Cloudbeds Partner Account later.
- Describe the integration flow.
- How will you implement OAuth steps?
- Which flow will you implement based on User Authorization Flow Options guide?
- Which API calls do you plan to use and how? Make sure you've consulted our existing App Blueprints.
- Will you be supporting the group users based on the documentation multi-property users/management?
- Will you be generating a new account in your system by pulling property data from Cloudbeds?
Note: We are supportive of versioning but we expect a 2-way integration for the first version of the integration.
- Which languages, currencies and countries does your application support?Will you need any new API methods or parameters during your development?
- What are the possible features for future versions of the integration?
- Do you have any potential challenges or concerns for the integration development?
- If you plan to charge customers for access to the integration, what is the pricing model?
- What are the approximate start and end dates of your development process?
Feel free to send us the document in any shape or form convenient for you (email, pdf, Google doc, docx etc.) Flow charts are also welcome ;)
Additional API functionality needed by partners is reviewed and added to our development pipeline when possible. While we do our best to accommodate feature requests, we cannot provide a set target date for delivery of new features.
After we review the high level integration flow document, you will be provided with:
- Cloudbeds partner & test account. Before certification your app can only connect to your test account.
- Partner-level API credentials
- Developer support via email
- Support is provided through email. Response time is 1-2 business days
- Phone and live chat are currently not offered for dev support
Once the integration from your side is completed, there will be a short certification call to run through some simple scenarios and verify everything works as expected.
The following must be submitted before a certification call can be scheduled:
The following will be verified during the certification call:
- OAuth 2.0 - We'll be checking how you implemented OAuth. Your redirect URI must be HTTPS and on your production environment. You'll be connecting your app account to a new Cloudbeds account. We'll provide the credentials on the call.
User Authorization Flow Options - You will be showing the end-user (property owner) flow to see all of the functionality of the integration.
Note: If an active data pull is involved, make sure your system has a method to run this during the call. All of the API calls you're using must be showcased.
- Connecting & Disconnecting Apps - Your app integration should correctly handle having an API session/connection canceled by a user inside of Cloudbeds. You'll have to disconnect the app and reconnect again.
- Account Creation (optional)- If using the Cloudbeds API to create a new account in your software, make sure that you can validate the data pulled during the call.
- Supporting Group Accounts (optional)- If your app supports group users we'll verify if app is able to correctly parse data from multiple property accounts Eg: Property select menu, UI designation for property involved, etc
- If your app passes certification, you can begin the pilot testing.
- If your app does not pass certification, we’ll provide concrete feedback on what needs to be fixed. After those fixes are implemented, another certification call can be scheduled.
Please make sure you have at least one property that would be interested in being your test pilot. We try our best to provide test properties but can't guarantee it.
In this stage, your app is only available for a select number of pilot properties. This process is typically about two-weeks, but can vary depending on whether any additional fixes are needed. We allow up to 5 pilot test properties.
Pilot testing outcomes
- If no issues are encountered, then your app leaves the closed beta pilot and is available for all users as an open beta.
- If mild issues encountered, they can be fixed without returning to test account. Example: Unexpected formatting, excessively high polling intervals.
- If severe issues encountered, partner is provided with concrete feedback on what to fix and returned to their test environment. Once the issues are fixed, a new call can be scheduled to re-certify the app. Example: Data corruption, broken API calls/OAuth paths.
Dev support is provided within 1 business day. There is no support on the weekends, however no issues should arise over the weekend since Cloudbeds' policy is not to release anything to live environment on Fridays. Live chat and phone aren't available.
A brief period (typically 2-4 weeks) to check for any remaining issues and collect feedback from your users about any UI or integration improvements. Any number of accounts may be connected.
Beta testing outcomes
- If a significant integration-breaking bug is found, your app might be returned to pilot-testing or pending certification.
- If no issues occurred we'll remove "beta" flags and labels from your app.
Congratulations! Your app has officially launched for all Cloudbeds users. Property owners across the world are now able to utilize your technology to improve their daily lives.
In case you'd like to develop new integration features or do any kind of maintenance work, let us know and we'll provide you with a separate set of test API credentials. Any major change will require a certification call and Knowledge base article updates.
Support expectations and process
- You are expected to solve any urgent issues reported by end user or Cloudbeds support the same working day (day after or Monday if holiday or weekend).
- You are expected to provide responses to onboarding and customer service questions (concerning integration) within 24 hours.
- In case of issues for which you need developer support from Cloudbeds please send your request to email@example.com and we will respond within 24 hours (day after or Monday if holiday or weekend). Provide us with as many details as possible (e.g. methods, results, error messages) this will speed up our investigation.
Going forward you are expected to keep up with the customer support quality outlined above. Cloudbeds support won't be able to investigate the integration for the mutual customers.
- Up to 2 violations result in a written warning.
- Up to 5 violations result in withdrawal of the app from app directory. Keeping active sessions working.
- Up to 10 violations result in terminating the app (integration). Canceling all active sessions.
1. Make sure to subscribe to our API newsletter! We'll update you on any changes to our API.
2. During development we expect you to respond to us regularly and set clear expectations on the progress you've made. It's okay to postpone or take more time, as long as you keep us in the loop.
3. Please don't promote or advertize the integration with Cloudbeds until Pilot Testing phase.