Voiding the transactions got easier
Two new methods were added to Cloudbeds API to make voiding (deleting) the transactions a much easier task.
* The record of the transaction (payment or item) will remain in the Cloudbeds reports, only the void will be added.
** The transaction will be removed from the Cloudbeds UI on the reservation, but it will remain on the UI in the House Account feature.
New webhook notifies you when app state changes
Each app has an internal state set in Cloudbeds system. State changes automatically or can be overridden by using /postAppState call.
Now a webhook triggers when any state changes, regardless of whether the state changed when myfrontdesk user installs or uninstalls the app or through the API (by app). Use this webhook to disconnect the Cloudbeds myfrontdesk when the app state changes to
- propertyID (integer)
- clientID (integer)
- oldState (date)
- newState (date)
Possible state values:
enabled - app connected to Cloudbeds, there are active API sessions
pending - app is pending connection due to its process
disabled - app isn't connected, API sessions were canceled
Transaction ID Format - Action Required
- When the getTransactions call was initially created, it was designed to use a public-facing transaction ID that was more developer-friendly than the ID used in our database.
- Unfortunately, this transaction ID is not collision-proof and partners were occasionally encountering duplicated IDs for separate transactions.
- We’ll be updating getTransactions to return the actual organic ID from our database as the transaction ID on the response for that call.
- This field will now return a larger value (a standard 50 chars long) instead of the current varying size.
- This change goes into effect on December 3rd 2018.
- At this point, every new transaction will return this updated format across our API. Transactions from before this cut-off date will remain unchanged to ensure data integrity and avoid any breaking changes.
- Make sure you’re able to accept the new format if you’re using the transactionID parameter.
Slight redesign of App Details page
We noticed that the Connection Settings on the App Details page aren't as clear as they should be so we added the radio buttons to select what kind of link you wish to set up for the "Install App" button on your app's landing page. Additionaly, now it's mandatory to set up a "Login" button link. This makes it really simple for the user to access your app once it's had been authorized.
New methods and changes
|Method||Change / Description|
|postVoidItem (new)||Voids an item in either a reservation or house account.
||Voids a payment in either a reservation or house account.
|postPayment||Added the ability to inform a specific subReservationID.|
||Rate plan is flagged so it's easier to distinguish from a room type.