Cloudbeds provides API access that allows you to connect Cloudbeds to a variety of systems and build out custom workflows that are tailored to your property and the guest experience you're trying to create.
Read on to understand our policies, pricing and use cases.
If you are a commercial technology company, information here doesn't apply to you. Please read our Technology Partner API Integration Guide.
- Cloudbeds API is primarily a self-service feature for properties. Property’s developers need to work off of existing documentation.
- The API is provided as-is to customers, meaning that Cloudbeds doesn't guarantee changes to the structure, calls/methods available, or other features. However, feature requests or improvements may be submitted to our Ideas Board for consideration. We are happy to hear your ideas and plan our future developments.
- API developers should subscribe to and read the Cloudbeds API newsletter to understand the changes made to the API and take action when needed. All breaking changes will be announced in advance and allow time for your development.
- Bugs can be reported to Cloudbeds. Cloudbeds will do its best to develop a fix, but cannot guarantee any SLA or ETA. Here's how to submit a bug ticket.
- API access can be revoked at any point if neglectful or malicious behavior is detected. (e.g. exceeding API rate limits, attempting to circumvent security, etc).
- Cloudbeds API is primarily a self-service tool and this article includes all relevant links to get started. Once the documentation has been analyzed if still guidance is needed please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you come across an issue that you have not been able to resolve with the documentation, articles and FAQs provided, please create a technical support ticket by emailing email@example.com.
Important: It's required that you work with highly experienced developers and use our documentation for the use case analysis.
Once the developer has reviewed the documentation, articles and FAQ’s provided if still guidance or technical support is needed please create a support ticket by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Also note, we do not provide telephone and/or live support, only via email. The developer should be very familiar with building to REST APIs and implementing OAuth 2.0 auth code grant type. The developer should also ensure continuous maintenance of any apps and integrations they have developed.
API Rate Limits
- API developers must respect our API rate limits and handle failed responses well.
- Disrespecting API rate limits or sending too many calls due to an error will result in an immediate block from the API. Cloudbeds will block the IP address, which may affect property's myfrontdesk account.
- We will notify the developer or property about the block via email if possible. Developers should acknowledge the email and confirm when the fix is in place. Only then will the block be lifted. If the situation happens more then twice, you will be permanently cut off from API access.
Enable API access
Once you have finished on-boarding and gotten yourself very familiar with Cloudbeds application navigate to the Manage > API Credentials and fill out the request form. Our team will come back to you with a quote and once you confirm you'll have instant access to Cloudbeds API.
If you have a group account with multiple properties, send us an email to email@example.com and we'll provide the next steps.
For the purpose of API testing, you can create within your Cloudbeds account Postman credentials by following these steps, in case you require a second Cloudbeds account for testing your API integration you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request your test account indicating to us your property name, Cloudbeds property ID and confirmation that API access has been already granted.
The pricing of the API depends on the Cloudbeds pricing plan you're currently on.
For the Premier or Enterprise plans API access is included and you'll be enabled API access without any additional charges.
For the Essential or Plus plans, API access is a paid add-on and we'll come back to you with a quote.
You may also upgrade your account instead of adding the API access add-on. For that contact your Market Manager at Cloudbeds or reach out to email@example.com.
Yes, as indicated above you can send us a request to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your property name, Cloudbeds property ID and confirmation that API access has been already granted.
- Cloudbeds API is not intended to be used for booking engine integration and therefore not recommended, it's possible only to have a limited integration.
- Cloudbeds API can't be used to pass credit card data or process payments with integrated payment gateways.
- The property API access enables access to data of only one property. No other property can use the integration.
- The group API access enables access to data of one, multiple or all properties in the group under the same set of API credentials.
- If the group user authorizes the connection, access token will provide data of the entire group.
- If the property user authorizes the connection, access token will provide data of this specific property.
- Note: Some calls will provide results for all properties in a group. These calls are tagged as "Group account support" in our API documentation.
At the moment, we don't have a dedicated page for group API credentials. We will send you your API credentials via email. Make sure to keep them safe.
If you need to change the redirect URI you should reach out to us providing your client ID and we will do it for you.
Please refer to the following article Reporting API Endpoints (New June 2022)