Cloudbeds does not have an open API. API access is given only to a limited number of properties that have proven they are working with skilled and qualified developers.
The developer should be very familiar with building to REST APIs and implementing OAuth 2.0. The developer should also ensure continuous maintenance of any integrations they develop.
If you are a commercial technology company information here doesn't apply to you. Please read our Technology Partner API Integration Guide.
- Cloudbeds API is self-service for properties. Property’s developers need to work off of existing documentation. Developer support is not provided for properties.
- Any functionality not specified in our documentation is not possible. (e.g. how to post availability into myfrondesk?)
- The API is provided as-is to customers, meaning that Cloudbeds doesn't guarantee changes to the structure, calls/methods available, or other features. However, feature requests or improvements may be submitted here for consideration.
- API developers should subscribe to and read the Cloudbeds API newsletter to understand the changes made to the API and take action when needed.
- Bugs can be submitted by property-level users. Cloudbeds will do its best to develop a fix, but cannot guarantee any SLA or ETA. Here's how to submit a bug ticket.
- API access can be revoked at any point if neglectful or malicious behavior is detected. (e.g. exceeding API rate limits, attempting to circumvent security, etc)
API Rate Limits
- API developers must respect our API rate limits and handle failed responses well.
- Disrespecting API rate limits or sending too many calls due to an error will result in an immediate block from the API. Cloudbeds will block the IP address, which may affect property's myfrontdesk account.
- We will notify the developer or property about the block via email if possible. Developers should acknowledge the email and confirm when the fix is in place. Only then will the block be lifted. If the situation happens more then twice, you will be permanently cut off from API access.
Pricing and Process
- Single Property API access is charged 75.00 USD monthly per property account.
- Group API access is charged 75.00 USD monthly for each property within the group with API access.
Your Cloudbeds market manager will provide you with a webform to fill. The Cloudbeds Integrations team will review your application with 5-10 business days and then send you the next steps. Not all applications will be accepted.
In order to get API access, the account must be on the Premier or Enterprise plans. Your market manager will help you upgrade a plan if needed.
API access is enabled for a limited number of properties per month.
No, at the moment Cloudbeds doesn't have test accounts/sandboxes for individual accounts. You may only use the data of the actual property account.
Cloudbeds API can't be used to pass credit card data or process payments with integrated payment gateways.
- The property API access enables access to data of only one property. No other property can use the integration.
- The group API access enables access to data of one, multiple or all properties in the group under the same set of API credentials.
- If the group user authorizes the connection, access token will provide data of the entire group.
- If the property user authorizes the connection, access token will provide data of this specific property.
- Note: Some calls will provide results for all properties in a group. These calls are tagged as "Group account support" in our API document.
At the moment, we don't have a dedicated page for group API credentials. We will send you your API credentials via email. Make sure to keep them safe.
If you need to change the redirect URI you should reach out to us providing your client ID and we will do it for you.